ABOUT CHORALART CAMERATA
The ChoralArt Camerata is a small (15-18 voices) ensemble of mixed voices, singing principally a cappella choral music from the classical tradition of Western choral music: European and American art music, folksongs and spirituals, and occasional ethnic music. Singers receive music and a detailed rehearsal schedule well in advance and come to rehearsals with music prepared at a performance level: notes, pronunciation, dynamics and articulations, i.e., everything that the composer put in the score. Rehearsals are used for interpretation, balance, blend and artistry. We welcome skilled singers and good musicians who have the time to dedicate to this very rewarding choral opportunity.
Auditions – ChoralArt Camerata
Our most recent audition for Camerata was in August 2022.
To be notified of our next audition, please contact ChoralArt executive director Ben McVety at email@example.com.
Prepared materials from the most recent Camerata audition:
- Feller From Fortune, mm. 65-81
- Hymn to St. Cecilia, pp. 14-21 (soprano/tenor only)
- O Magnum Mysterium, mm. 15-end
- Tota Pulchra Es, mm. 1-47 (soprano/alto only)
- Videntes Stellam , mm. 15-end
Musicianship & Aural Facility (selected from the following)
- Sing a chromatic scale, one octave, ascending and descending
- Sing a whole-tone scale, one octave, ascending and descending
- Sing an octatonic scale, one octave, ascending by whole step/half step, descending by whole step/half step
- Sing, ascending and descending, four triads: major, minor, diminished, augmented
- Pitch memory: hear and repeat a series of pitches
- Aural acuity: sing top, bottom, or middle note of selected triads
Sightread a tonal melody
ChoralArt Camerata – 2022-23 season
An Epiphany Celebration
Saturday, January 7, 2023, 7:30 p.m. St. Albans Episcopal Church
Sunday, January 8, 2023, 2:30 p.m. St. Albans Episcopal Church
Final rehearsal: Saturday, January 7: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Rehearsals @ St. Albans – 3 Wednesdays: 6:30 – 9:00
. 2, 9, 16 Nov. 2 (Celtic at St Albans)
Rehearsals @ St Albans – 6:30 – 9:00
. December 28 & 29; January 4, 6 (FCC?)