ABOUT THE CONTEST
ChoralArt honors the carol tradition with a New England Carol Contest. During the holiday season ChoralArt will premiere, at our Epiphany Concert, a brand new carol written by a composer with a New England connection.
Composers must reside in, have been born in, or currently study in residence at a college, university, or conservatory in one of the six new England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont). One winner will receive a $750 cash prize, with up to $250 travel expense to attend the premiere performance.
- Premiere: no prior public performance of submitted composition
- Voicing: a cappella or keyboard accompaniment, SATB setting with divisi up to SSATB
- Duration: about 3 minutes
- Difficulty: like carols represented, for example, in 100 Carols for Choirs (Willcocks, Rutter; eds.)
- Text: new settings in English
- Applicant requirement: native-born or current resident of one of the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont) or composer currently studying in residence at a New England college, university, or conservatory.
Deadline August 15, 2018 6 p.m. EDT
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This year’s New England Carol Contest Sponsor
Dana F. Graichen, M.D.